Skip to main content

Storm Front by Susan May Warren Review

Happy Friday Everyone :)

I hope you've all had a great week, and if you're lucky enough to have had vacation plans for spring break, then I hope you had a lovely, restful vacation, and had the time to enjoy some great reads.


Neil and I did not go away for spring break, which we honestly never do anyways, but I was thankful to have some extra free time this week to catch up on my TBR list. I've been blessed to have received a few arc's from NetGalley over the past month that I've been really excited about, and today I'd like to share my thoughts with you all on one that I was highly anticipating reading.


I've reviewed several of the books in the Montana Rescue series before, and you can find those earlier reviews here, here, here and here


Storm Front by Susan May Warren:



Source: Publisher (Revell) via NetGalley

Publisher: Revell

Publication Date: May 2018

Genre: Inspirational/Action Romance

Synopsis:

A tornado has destroyed a small Minnesota community and among the missing are not only a group of students but PEAK Rescue team leader Chet King. Ty Remington will stop at nothing to rescue his mentor, not even when the girl he loved--and lost--walks back into his life. But Brette needs his help more than he knows, despite her stubborn determination to push him away. And when he gets a second chance, loving her just might cost him more than he can imagine.

A blogger for Vortex Storm Chasers, Brette Arnold didn't expect her adventures to land her in the same place as Ty, the guy who she walked--no, ran--from over a year ago. She had her reasons--good ones. The kind that tell her that falling for him again would only lead to heartache. But Ty isn't the kind of man to give up--not on the missing students, or on her.

Life and love hang in the balance in Susan May Warren's breathless story of holding on to hope during a deadly summer of storms.


******synopsis from goodreads******



My Review:

I didn't completely love the first two books in Susan May Warren's Montana Rescue series, but every release since has hooked me in to the turbulent word right from the start, and always leaves the impression that without a doubt, the Holy Spirit is leading her beautiful writing which will leave reader's everywhere feeling inspired and strengthened in their faith.

Right from Ty's first introduction as a secondary character in the earlier books, I've had a soft spot for him, and I had a feeling that once he finally got his own story, it would probably end up being my favorite, and I was definitely proven right. Ty has always been one of the most selfless characters on the PEAK Rescue team. He is always willing to go above and beyond to help anyone in need, usually even if it means sacrificing his own well being in the process. His hero complex is not accepted by everyone, none more so than Brette, a journalist that Ty fell head over heels for when she visited their region with Ella back in the third book. His attempt to rescue her from her situation didn't go over well, and it's been a long time since he's last seen her, although she's never been far from his mind.

Susan May Warren's stories are always character driven, and this series is a prime example of this. While the action unfolds throughout the entire story in a way that will keep you on the edge of your seat, the primary focus is on the character's, and the journey they all find themselves on. I especially enjoyed the way she made the title be both literal and figurative at the same time. Storm Front is the series' first focus on the team performing search and rescue operations during a tornado's aftermath, and obviously, the storms have left destruction and devastation everywhere they struck. However, Storm Front, also focuses on the fact that each character mentioned in the story is suffering from battling their own internal storms. For Ty, this comes in the form of feeling like he's never going to measure up, and he'll never actually deserve his spot on the rescue team. He tries to overcompensate for this fact by always pushing himself past his limits, no matter what the rest of his team thinks of him doing so. For Brette, her devastating situation has pulled her away from her faith, and has caused her refusal to allow herself to depend on anyone for help, including Ty who's quite possibly the greatest man she's ever known. Susan writes characters that are real and imperfect, and because of this, she represents to the reader that no couple is ever without their own problems, and so even though Ben and Kacey got their own story earlier in the series, they show up again in this one as they continue to work through issues, insecurities, and fears that keep them from joining together on the path God has planned out for them.

I've come to expect great things when I pick up a Susan May Warren novel, and Storm Front just might be my favorite yet. I love how she's able to weave the faith element so seamlessly into the story unfolding around the character's, and the way that the character's always come to realize that without Jesus in their life, they'll never be fully complete. There's nothing like reading a romance written by this amazing lady, and Ty and Brette are undoubtedly my favorite couple so far from the Montana Rescue series. Overall, Storm Front was a win win for me as I loved the characters, the way the action had me on the edge of my seat the whole way through, the character's growth throughout the story, and the way that the transformative power of God's amazing grace is represented so truthfully. And just when I thought it couldn't get any better, the explosive ending happens that sets the next book up astonishingly, and now I can't wait for its release so see what journey Susan May Warren intends to take her beloved characters on next!

Final Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Thanks so much to Revell and NetGalley for providing me with a complimentary review copy!


Thanks so much for joining me today on The Preppy Book Princess guys! Have a great weekend, and I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday. :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Line Friday: Carolina Breeze

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week! Mine has actually been pretty good. We've had some really nice days, and my husband and I were finally able to put our garden in, and various flowers and the like. We've also had a couple of lovely, rainy days as well, and I love how green everything is looking in our yard right now. For today's post, I'm excited to once again be linking up with the lovely Hoarding Books  for another edition of First Line Friday. This fun weekly meme simply consists of sharing the first line of the book you're currently reading. For this week's first line, I'm going to be sharing from Denise Hunter's recently released title that I ended up absolutely loving. Carolina Breeze by Denise Hunter: About The Book: A jilted bride. A struggling innkeeper. And a romantic mountain getaway that changes everything. Rising Hollywood star Mia Emerson is looking for a safe place to land in the wake of a public breakup a

First Line Friday: Courting Mr. Emerson

Happy Friday Everyone :) Since it is Friday, I'll once again be participating in First Line Friday which is hosted by Hoarding Books .  For this week, I'm going to be sharing the first line from Melody Carlson's newest book, Courting Mr. Emerson. About The Book: When the fun-loving and spontaneous artist Willow West meets buttoned-up, retired English teacher George Emerson, it's not exactly love at first sight. Though she does find the obsessive-compulsive man intriguing. Making it her mission to get him to loosen up and embrace life, she embarks on what seems like a lost cause--and finds herself falling for him in the process. A confirmed bachelor, George vacillates between irritation and attraction whenever Willow is around--which to him seems like all too often. He's not interested in expanding his horizons or making new friends; it just hurts too much when you lose them. But as the summer progresses, George feels his defenses crumbling. The quest

First Line Friday: Just As I Am

Happy Friday Everyone :) I hope you're all having a great week, and looking forward to the weekend. Since it is Friday, it's time once again for First Line Friday, which is hosted over at Hoarding Books. For today's first line, I'm going to be featuring a recent debut novel that I had the opportunity to read and review. About The Book: Adeline Rhodes has spent years locked away in a New Orleans apartment controlled by her criminal boyfriend. After a daring escape, she realizes just how far she has grown from the things in which she once believed. Declan King has lived a life of solitude and duty for the U.S. Army. When the deaths of his grandparents bring him home to his family farm, he is forced into contact with people who know too much about his past to simply leave him alone. When Adeline’s past catches up to her, the two strangers find themselves thrust into a fake relationship to protect Adeline from her vengeful ex. As their chance meeting begin